Quote Un'Quote

Life is Unfair
Everyone Struggles
Let's Not Make That An Excuse

June 15, 2008

Regrets of a Workaholic


Regret spending all the years working and let those years pass by doing nothing else.

Regret letting all the time go away, which could have spend with family & friends, than with work.

Regret for working harder even when the recognition did not come though the complaints were always on time.

Regret for not pursuing the hobbies/interests but spend those time working overtime to finish reports.

Regret for not getting awards for coming up with innovations/better workflow instead went to someone for raising their opinions in meetings!!

Regret for trying to make a difference when everyone just trying to make their way through sucking up.

Regret for being a Mr. Nice Guy when everyone around was playing a politician.


The thoughts from the past haunts me...........

P.S. I don't regret the learning, but working with the wrong people!!

7 comments:

Sunil said...

Hi there,
While reading your post somewhere inside I felt as if it's my story too.

I do feel that something needs to be done...But I'm yet to decipher 'what'. The day something clicks, I'll make a complete shift over in my life style.

Yogesh said...

@ Sunil

Time is a great teacher. You learn as you move on.

Shagun Suhail said...

"What life if full of care...we have no time to stand and stare"

Winnie the poohi said...

Regrets have no other effect than making you feel down.. dont regret it.. just make a change now :)

Yogesh said...

@ Winnie

I agree but there are certain times when you are alone and your mind goes into the past and wonder if things could be different.

I am carrying the "BE THE CHANGE" slogan everywhere :)

Deepali said...

Was wondering whether you were generally saying this or if you had copy pasted cause I wasn't seeing any 'I regret...' but of course the last line clarifies that.

I think eventually we all find a balance. But ya you can never rewind time so the regrets will always be there...

I guess the only chance we get is not to make the same mistake over and over again.

Yogesh said...

@ Deepali

It is 100% original :)

I don't regret that it happened, in fact in a way I am happy, made me realize what I was missing on. I do know who are regretting.

Experience does makes you wiser.